About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Missionary Force

Here, then, is the great timeless truth. The best argument for Christianity is a real Christian; and, therefore, whether we like it or not, every Christian is an advertisement for Christianity. By his life he either commends Christianity to others, or he makes others think less of Christianity. The strongest missionary force in the world is a Christian life.
William Barclay

What would happen if I awakened each and every day with the realization that my life is a “missionary force”? Too often our images of mission are restricted to someone else-somewhere else. When we limit our view of mission we may be tempted to relieve ourselves of the daily responsibility to “advertise” Christianity. Commercial advertising is sold based upon exposure. Who will see the ad? In my daily life, that is a difficult question to answer. Today, my life will be viewed by some who know me and some who do not. I will be aware of some who are watching and unaware of others. Furthermore, I will not be aware of the spiritual condition of those who are watching. In the end, it really doesn’t matter. Wherever I go today, my feet will tread on my personal mission field. Barclay’s words still matter. My life will either reflect the true character of Christ or not.

No comments: