About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Worship in Ambato, Ecuador



This morning I was invited to speak at a church in Ambato, Ecuador. What a great experience. It was exciting for me to worship together with my brothers and sisters in Ambato. Pastor Rolando Quiroga was such a gracious host. The church began a little over a year ago. The service was full with an atmosphere of heartfelt worship. As I was singing with them this morning, my mind went to the words of Simeon when he saw the baby Jesus. Simeon praised God on that day as he prophetically recognized Jesus as the Savior "prepared in the sight of all nations as a light" (Luke 2:30-13). This morning I thought about how the light of salvation has reached into my community in North America and this community in Ambato. At the close of the morning service, a man named Eduardo came forward spontaneously to accept Jesus as His Savior. The light continues to shine. It's been a good day.

No comments: