About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Winter Retreat 2011

I have been preparing for the Winter Youth Retreat. Looking forward to forfeiting some sleep in order to spend time with a bunch of rowdies with an energy level that I can only dream about (pardon the reference to sleep). When I consider the opportunity to share some truth from God's Word, it's sobering. Today, students are overwhelmed with so many messages. Many outlets target them. They know that they are a generation that is more connected to multiple sources of messages than any other before. It's difficult for someone my age to grasp what a difference 30 years has made in the life of a teen. The game has changed. But, the truth has not. When I roll back the clock the core issues that I wrestled with as a teen are the same. They ask the same question, "Who am I...Where am I going...How will I get there?" I pray that God helps me etch a clear picture of who their Creator says they are. When that is established, the road ahead is much brighter for them and us.

No comments: