About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

What do you really want in life?

"If you look into your own heart in utter honesty, you must admit that there is one and only one reason why you are not even now a (fully devoted follower of Christ): You do not wholly want to be."
William Law
A Serious Call to a Devout and Holy Life (1728)

I received a recent electronic magazine from one of my professors. His ezine is Christianity 9 to 5. In this most recent issue he provided some lessons from writers such as William Law. I can't exactly say that I enjoyed reading William Law when I was doing research on character development. But, I did appreciate his raw and straightforward honesty. In an age when excuses abound, we have become so adept at shucking responsibility that a little slap in the face from William Law is in order every now and then. So go ahead and ask the question, "Why am I not a passionate follower of Jesus?" Law has a great answer: because I don't want to be.

To read more go to
http://www.epiphanyresources.com/9to5/index.htm

No comments: