About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Prayer

Most people say that they pray. I have studied the results of many surveys and they reveal that most people say they pray. Assuming the results of such surveys are accurate, have you ever wondered what people pray? What if a summary sheet of our daily prayers printed at the end of the day. Wouldn't it be fun to review the transcripts of our daily prayers. Judging from the sidelines of the Super Bowl last week, the transcripts of both teams would be long....let him trip, let him catch it, let him drop it, let him miss, hurry clock, slow down clock, help the official to open his eyes, help the official to look the other way. When people answer surveys about the practice of prayer I suspect that they are referring to a lot of prayers that exist at the "thought" level and not necessarily the "spoken" level. That raises a question for me. Do we realize the connection between our practice of prayer and the focus of our thoughts? If we seldom pray for the things that God cares most deeply about does that mean most of our thoughts are selfish? That's something to think about.

No comments: