About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

God's grace

I have often said that greatest development in my life has been my understanding and experience with God's grace. This week serves to confirm that. On Sunday, Nick was diagnosed with diabetes. It's a diagnosis that I understand very well from my own journey. Throughout the past few days God's grace has sustained us. Nick is doing extremely well with learning the a new routine. He returned to school today. God has encouraged us with His presence and through His word. One verse in particular stands out to me: God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. Each of those gifts from God has helped us. Each of those gifts helps us to make good choices in our thoughts and actions. It's easy to fear. But, God's grace has been chasing our fears away and I'm thankful that His supply is more than enough.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Many prayers coming your way!!!!! Your leadership in our church, and the character of the church itself is what led me back to christ, and you and your wife have held a very important place in my heart in the past few years. Through that I feel a love for your son and I will be praying for his ability to deal with the restrictions that come with this disease. I hope all is well, and if there's ever anything we can do to help, let us know ...