About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Holiness

I was reading in Exodus this morning. The word "holy" was mentioned several times. To me, "Holy" is an intimidating word. When I think of it I usually have an image of God on a throne and members of creation declaring His holiness. I think about the repetition of "Holy, Holy, Holy" in worship and adoration to God. What I don't normally think of - is me. That changed a little this morning. As I was reading about the God's instructions about sacrifices, the altar and incense. I noticed how "atonement" was made in order to help things that weren't holy become holy. It was a great reminder of how the atonement of Jesus, His willing suffering and sacrifice, transforms me into something holy for God.

No comments: