About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Are we there yet?

Indeed, man wishes to be happy even when he so lives as to make happiness impossible.
St. Augustine

My thoughts are turning toward the life of Abraham. This Sunday I will begin a series of messages about Abraham's journey toward the "Promised Land". I enjoy studying Abraham's journey because of the raw biography that is provided in the Bible. Though Abraham is remembered for his great faith, he is also remembered for his struggles along the way. The life lessons are remarkably fresh. God still calls us to go where we haven't been...and it's not easy. We still owe our allegiance to what St. Augustine called the "city of God" though we are surrounded by pressure to belong to the "city of man".

No comments: