About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Family

I am attending the General Assembly for the Church of God this week. It's easy to get caught up in the meetings and moving through the agenda. Taking care of the "business" of the church is an essential part of being a faithful steward. But, one aspect of the meetings stands out. Thus far, each of the business sessions has opened with prayer. That's not at all unusual. But, it is special when each prayer is led by a brother from a different country. When I listen to a brother from Haiti pray in his native creole it touches my heart. His prayer is seasoned with the grace of God that has been refined through immense tragedy and suffering. When I join my prayer with a brother from Indonesia, my heart is moved and my mind races to imagine how he has witnessed the power of God alongside threats and persecution. This morning I pray the Psalm "I will praise You O Lord among the nations; I will sing of You among the peoples" (Psalm 108:3).
And yes, I will pray alongside of my brothers who look to our Father each day.

No comments: