About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Generous Justice

I have been reading in Timothy Keller's "Generous Justice". Keller notes "there is a direct relationship between a person’s grasp and experience of God’s grace, and his or her heart for justice and the poor". It is a comment that hits home with me. I have recently commented to a group of students that the greatest change that I have experienced in my faith has been my understanding of grace. I can only hope that Keller's statement is true in my life. He makes a good point. As we experience God's grace and understand how God saturates our lives with gifts that we could never earn or deserve, it should cultivate generosity in our hearts. I say that "it should" because we have to combat our tendency toward selfishness. As we grasp and experience God's grace, we must choose to recognize the nature of His grace. His grace makes us ambassadors. The Bible makes it clear that we are "stewards".

No comments: