About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Spreading Grace

I have been thinking through an illustration that I shared last Sunday. Paul wrote in Romans 12 that he spoke "by the grace" given him. Paul attributed his ability to share teaching with the church (as an apostle) to the grace of God. As I study the context of his writing it is clear that God's grace was not only the source of the message, but also of his authority and credibility. Last week I mentioned that God gives each of us grace. I compared it to carrying around a bucket full of grace that God expects us to pour on others each day. Now that I am a few days into the week, it's worth taking some time and considering how much my speeach and actions have been grace-filled. It's not always easy to reflect on such things. Every day I have encountered many people in many different situations. Certainly I have overlooked golden opportunities to pour out some grace. Sometimes I have been in a hurry, sometimes distracted. Sometimes I have been more interested in dipping into the bucket for myself rather than sharing with others. How much grace have you poured over others this week? I have noticed that as soon as I pour out grace God replenishes the supply.

No comments: