About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Grandparent's, Parents and God

I was talking to Pastor John today about his granddaughter Lily. I told him that I was with Jeremy and Mary Beth on Sunday and saw his granddaughter Lily taking a nap. There is nothing more precious than a little child sleeping. When I was watching Lily I told Jeremy and Mary Beth that it doesn't really change as they get older. There are times that I still watch Nick sleep. I am beginning to understand what my parents have told me. It really doesn't matter if his big smelly feet are hanging off the bed, in some ways he will not cease to be my baby boy. Pastor John spoke to me regarding that point. He spoke with the wisdom and understanding of a father and a grandfather. He quoted from the gospel (Luke 11:13) which compares our capacity to give our children good gifts to God's capacity to bless us (with the Holy Spirit). It was a great reminder to me of how God views us as His children. We grow up. We grow old. Sometimes we take on some of the dirt and dust of this world in our journey. But God still views us as His children. He is the Good Shepherd who makes us lie down and rest in cool green pastures and I believe He still loves to watch us sleep.

No comments: