About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The God who Sees


This morning I was enjoying my time in chapel with the Preschoolers. As usual, I opened up our time together by attempting to illustrate the message of the day with some Play-Doh. Today was a Christmas message, so I made a manger, a star and a baby Jesus which I carefully placed in the manger. My artistic ability is pretty limited. Baby Jesus was a work of art: a small round head wrapped in a blue blanket. I thought it looked pretty good, but one of the children was not satisfied. She kept shouting "Baby Jesus doesn't have any eyes!" I tried to dismiss her comments by explaining that Baby Jesus was asleep, but she wouldn't let it go. So, I stopped and made too little eyes to put on Baby Jesus. After this she began to shout "Baby Jesus doesn't have a mouth!" As I thought about her persistent objections to my Play-Doh Baby Jesus, I realized how important the essence of her observations are to me. When Jesus was born, God came near in a special way. Among the other great and wondrous messages of His incarnation, He wanted to remind us that He is a God who sees us and speaks to us.

No comments: