About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Battle


This weekend I will be with our youth on their Winter Retreat. I am very excited to have the opportunity to invest some "sleepless" time with a great group of teens. I plan to speak to them about winning the battles of life. Sam Bradford, quarterback of the Oklahoma Sooners is a committed Christian and a great leader for his team. Even though he has been sidelined by injury this year, I admire his leadership a great deal. When sharing his testinony Sam has said, "Everything's a battle, when you're going through those battles without a relationship with the Lord, you're going through those battles by yourself". My greatest concern for the next generation is not the magnitude of the battles they will face, it is whether they will attempt to fight those battles alone. Somewhere along the way, they must develop a strategy for fighting those battles that relies upon the Lord.

No comments: