About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Vacation Bible School

What adventure awaits us this week? Vacation Bible School begins tonight. We are venturing out this evening to conduct our first VBS at the Oak Ridge Civic Center. I'm sure I will finish the week with great memories. I am excited about being at the Civic Center. It will be a different atmosphere altogether from our experience at Heritage. Loud music, lots of kids and a great message of God's love - the typical stuff of VBS will be there. However, I believe we will have an opportunity to share with kids and families that would not have ventured to the church. There are a number of reasons why some people are hesitant to come to the church, even to VBS. One of our primary messages in VBS will not be written in the printed material or a take home Bible verse. It will be written by our feet. Making the effort to move toward people rather than expecting them to come to us represents a message that we tend to neglect. It is a message that was embodied in the incarnation of Jesus. He came to us and taught us "As the Father as sent me, so I send you".

No comments: