About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Thriller's Gone

We live in the constant flood of news about pop culture. It's not a shock that when the self-proclaimed "king of pop" dies that the details of his life and death dominate discussions for days. For someone my age, Michael Jackson has been an icon of the good, bad and ugly of pop culture. His talent has been amazing. His life has been one of the most tragic. From the obvious abuses of his early life to the strange trek into later years, he has lived a disturbing and tragic life. Whether people will remember his music, his weirdness or a mixture of the both depends upon individual choices. I tend to distill the complexities of life into their relationship to a larger narrative. In the end, our lives tell a story that is part of a larger story. It is the story of God. The chapter we write will either testify of the impact of God's redemptive grace or a tragic drift away from Him. The latter always makes me sad.

No comments: