About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Home Sweet Home

There's no place like home. It's great to be back from Russia. I had a wonderful trip. If you have read any of the previous posts, you know that I had some great experiences and God's grace was evident all along the way. Each time I take a trip, expecially to another country, I find myself considering the effects of the trip. After spending time with other pastors, I have thought a lot about what it means to be a pastor. What do I have in common with a pastor in Siberia? Actually, quite a bit. I have thougtht about two important aspects of pastoring: context and calling. After listening to the pastor's in Russia share, I could sense that calling is much the same. We share a invitation from God to share His love and build better disciples. Context makes it interesting.

No comments: