About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, June 5, 2009

The Body of Christ

Often I refer to the church as the "body of Christ". It's a good reminder of our connection with one another and with Christ. But it's such a deep truth, it's easy to miss how important it is to our existence. Our connection with Christ is life-giving. In an organic illustration, Jesus said, "I am the vine and you are the branches". Consequently, our connection with one another allows the life of Christ to flow through us and encourage one another. This morning I was at the closing service of the pastor's conference here in Moscow. It was a communion service. Together we remembered how our Savior gave his body and blood to give us life. It was a special moment in my life. Vast differences in culture and language faded away as a common culture moved to the forefront. The distance created by differences could not compare with the unity of our connection with Christ. It was a communion to remember.

No comments: