About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Growing a great soul

Yesterday I shared a message about the relationship between obedience and nourishment for the soul. It's not hard to draw some parallels between what goes on in our physical body and our spiritual health. When we have a healthy diet we reap certain benefits. How do we grow a healthy soul? We feed it. After pondering the menu of life my conclusion hasn't changed. The healthiest diet for the soul is packed full of obedience. Prayer is good. It's a great way to commune with God, draw near to God and hear from God. It's like a good appetizer. But, if we fail to obey, our prayer life alone will not grow a great soul. Bible study is rich. It has the potential to fill our minds and hearts with eternal principles. It's like my favorite bowl of soup. But, those principles do not help us if they are not attached to obedient response. Obedience is the main course. It integrates our prayer life and our Bible study.

No comments: