About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Christ the Savior


Today I visited Christ the Savior Cathedral in Moscow. As I entered I was captivated. It was a mult-sensory experience. The smell of the candles, the vastness of the cathedral walls, the beauty of the artistry and architecture was magnificent. As I looked up to the ceilings I was overwhelmed with the artistic depiction of our triumphant Savior and His return in glory. Literally, I lifted up my head and saw a picture of our ultimate redemption. The history of the Cathedral is a testimony of beauty, destruction and rebirth. Christ hte Savior was built in celebration, destroyed by an oppressive government and rebuilt as a symbol of rebirth. We too were created in beauty, destroyed by sin and reborn with a proclamation of Christ's ultimate victory. "Awesome" is a word that is sometimes overused, but "awe" is underappreciated. Today I am in awe as I consider the greatness of God and His love for me.

No comments: