About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Our Father

When Jesus was teaching His disciples to pray, He began with an emphasis on our relationship with God. That is an emphasis that we should carry with us in our prayers. Sometimes we request help or answers without an appreciation for the relationship that God offers. God answers prayers in a personal way. Consider the words of David Platt, in his book Radical:

"Suppose...you are making a big decision in your life, and you need help. You have a couple of different options before you, and you need guidance to decide which way is best. So you ask God for help. But he doesn’t answer with guidance. Instead he answers by sending the Holy Spirit, who is our Guide. God sends the Helper, who will live in you and not only tell you what decision to make but also enable you to make that decision."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Got the book by David Platt and I am part way through it.
Just like the preface said....ouch and amen!
His disciples did not really get it right until after the ascension and the Spirit was given, did they? How much more so the Spirit needed by us today......and NOT for seeking the gifts like Christian Scout merit badges...but seeking the Giver above all.
Thanks Pastor Paul.