About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Destiny

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words
Be careful of your words, for your words become your deeds
Be careful of your deeds, for your deeds become your habits
Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character
Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny
Anonymous


I ran across this old poem today and it made me think. We do not become who we become by accident. I hear the word “random” used in a lot of different ways. Sometimes it is just a sarcastic way to describe what we can’t explain about life. When I turn to God for perspective, I discover that the development of my character is anything but random. I’m not saying that I have a grip on everything that happens or affects me. But, I am saying that my thoughts, my words, my deeds and my habits have a cumulative effect on the person I become. Destiny is another word that gets tossed around a lot. God’s plan for our destiny has never been in doubt. In fact, I can describe it in one word. Home.

No comments: