About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Suit Up

In Ephesians 6, Paul provides a descriptive outline of the facts of life for a follower of Christ. We face a battle (Ephesians 6:12). God has provided equipment for the battle (Ephesians 6:13-18). It is our responsibility to put on the equipment and serve God (Ephesians 6:11). Really, we don’t have a choice of whether or not there will be a battle. When we follow Christ, the enemy of our soul will bring schemes against us designed to distract us from our faithfulness to God. Our choice is how well we fight. Will we fight wisely? Writing about the lack of heart and accountability in American Culture, Connors, Smith and Hickman write,
“A nation of observers is not a nation of participants. If you sit on the sidelines watching the game of your life play out before your eyes, you relinquish your ability to affect the outcome…to remedy this darkening malaise, people must abandon the bleacher seats and take to the playing field.”

In order to enter the playing field in the game of life, we need to suit up with the equipment God has provided: Truth, Righteousness, the Gospel, Faith, Salvation, the Holy Spirit, the Word of God and the opportunity to have an audience with God all day through prayer.

No comments: