About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Courage and Faith

Then Agrippa said to Paul, "Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?" (Acts 26:28)
King Agrippa’s response to Paul’s testimony is memorable. The KJV reads “almost thou persuaded me to be a Christian”. Paul presented a passionate and compelling account of the Gospel. Agrippa listened and managed to muster up a fairly puny response. Waht about us? We have received the Gospel. None of us would dare to diminish the power of the Gospel with our words. I pray we do not diminish it with our actions. Agrippa lacked the faith and courage to move forward and accept Jesus. Moving boldly with our testimony requires the same faith and courage. Consider the words of Robert Quinn:

The land of excellence is safely guarded from unworthy intruders. At the gates stand two fearsome sentries – risk and learning. The keys to entry are faith and courage.

No comments: