About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Transformational Living

Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. (Matthew 5:15)

Whenever days begin to grow shorter I begin to mourn the loss. Shorter days mean more darkness and less daylight and I don’t like it. Light transforms darkness. The words of Jesus remind us of His power to transform. He reminds us that it is a power that He has given to us. Our presence should make a difference in the same way that “a lamp gives light to everyone in the house”. Richard Stearns, President of World Vision, writes

“being a Christian, or follower of Jesus Christ, requires much more than just having a personal and transforming relationship with God. It also entails a public and transforming relationship with the world…when we committed ourselves to following Christ, we also committed to living our lives in such as way that a watching world would catch a glimpse of God’s character – His live, justice and mercy – through our words, actions and behavior.”

No comments: