About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Music

Christmas is over, so what's up with the Christmas tunes? As I wander around in warmth of Florida I have can't help but notice that the Christmas tunes are still flowing. At first I had to fight a little "bah humbug" inside that says "enough with the Christmas music". However there is a very positive side to some of the music. Places that do not normally present the message of Jesus play songs that celebrate His birth and that's a good thing. My own "Christmas music fatigue" reminds me that we sometimes treat the message of Christmas the same way. Christmas is a time when we recognize the need to give and show warmth and love. Then when Christmas passes we turn off the music and hit the new year grumbling about everything from losing a few pounds to various other resolutions. Sometimes we are guilty of smugly reminding the world around us that "Jesus is the reason for the season" as if the reason for celebration is limited to His birth. Our attitude and way of life in the days after Christmas is a great indicator of whether or not His incarnation really matters to us.

No comments: