About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Decision-making 101

This week fills my mind with reflections about Jesus: the suffering he endured, His sacrificial death on the cross, the intensive teaching that He delivered to His closest disciples...it all amazes and inspires me. But, today I am thinking about His prayer time in the garden. It is a difficult passage for me to read because I am by nature a sleepy head at night. But, I move beyond the lazy disciples to eavesdrop on the conversation of Jesus with His heavenly Father. It is a powerful moment. I have always admired people who are great decision-makers, people who do the "right thing" when the heat is on. Jesus illuminates the issues so well. When making a decision and facing unimaginable pressure to do the right thing, Jesus didn't hide from the issues at hand. He faced fear, apprehension, His humanity (and divinity) squarely and cut to the real heart of the matter - I want to do the will of Father more than anything. If we can distill our values and beliefs into some non-negotiable principles, decision-making is much more clear cut. Do I want to do the will of my Father more than anything? If so, He always gives us the courage to do the right thing.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Well you know what they say, "If He'll bring you to it, He'll lead you through it."

I believe that 100 %.