About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Where in the world?

The Today Show on NBC began it's "Where in the World is Matt Lauer?" series this week. It is an annual globe-trotting event for the host of the Today Show. This year the show has added a special feature. You can follow the clues and guess Matt's location. If you are correct you might even receive a personal call from Matt. In case you're wondering, I won't be tracking the journey (It makes me jealous of the travel). In hearing about the event, I can't help but turn the question inward. Where in the world is Paul? There is little doubt that I am on an exciting journey. I love Eugene Peterson's description of people of faith as "pilgrims" who spend our lives going someplace. We are going to God. The path for getting there is the way, Jesus. We seem to have a firm grasp on those facts. For most of us, the pace of the journey has increased. That brings challenges. The faster we travel, the more scenery we miss. The scenery? I am referring to the faces that greet us along the way. They inquire in different ways and with different expressions, "Where are you going?". How often do the questions fall to the ground as we go by?

No comments: